UPDATED 8/6/2020 – 3:30pm
As our county begins to reopen, Point West is dedicated to minimizing the risk of the virus when playing the game we all love. USA Volleyball is allowing their insurance to be used when states allow “organized youth activities.” WE ARE NOT YET ALLOWED TO GET BACK INTO THE GYM.
We are awating the county to allow indoor activities for youth sports. As of now, we are restricted to outdoor group activity.
"The California Department of Public Health has issued Youth Sports Guidance. Youth sports training, conditioning and physical education is now permitted in Ventura County when those activities include continuous physical distancing of at least six feet and a stable cohort, i.e. the same children at each meeting. This includes teams, classes, and other youth sports units...
... Please note that physical distancing must be maintained under the guidance, which precludes scrimmages, games, and other drills from being performed at this time. Further, all outdoor and indoor sporting events, assemblies, and other activities that require close contact or promote congregating are prohibited, including tournaments, events, or competitions and regardless of whether teams are from the same school or from different schools, counties, or states.
Since Ventura County is currently on the state’s monitoring list due to elevated case rates of COVID-19 all sports activities including conditioning, training and physical education must be conducted outdoors."
In order to have your athlete back on the court once allowed, the following waiver is required. It is the same one used by most of the clubs - given to us by the SCVA.
Facility and Staff Mitigation Procedures
COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact, including individuals without disease symptoms. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited or limited the congregation of groups of people.
The health and well-being of our staff, athletes and their families remains our top priority. In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 entering our environment and spreading amongst our community, we will only allow staff assigned to work and athletes scheduled to participate to be in our gym at this time.
Point West has put in place numerous preventative measures and enhanced cleaning protocols to reduce the likelihood of spreading COVID-19 in the gym environment; however, we cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending activities at Point West could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
Here are some of our mitigation protocols for getting back in the gym:
- We have disinfecting protocols set in place based on guidance from the State of California, Ventura County and Simi Valley resources, and the CDC.
- Parents, guardians, and non-staff will NOT be allowed inside the gym at this time.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized frequently.
- Various locations throughout the facility (door handles, doors, etc) will be sanitized frequently.
PRIOR TO ENTERING THE GYM
- Signed COVID-19 Waivers will be required to participate in any activity. You may digitally sign the waiver here: POINT WEST COVID-19 WAIVER. Waivers will be on site, however, you must use your own pen to sign it.
- Please ensure social distancing while waiting to enter.
- Everyone must perform a daily self-check for the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 & other illness BEFORE arriving at the gym. NO ONE will be allowed in the gym if they have any symptoms or have been in contact with a known infected individual.
- Staff/Coaches/Volunteers will undergo safety training prior to engaging with athletes
- Athletes will undergo safety training and answer health questionaire before entering
- Temperature checks will be performed by our staff. Please do not bring your child to practice, clinic, lesson or a tournament if they have a fever and afterwards for up to 24 hours.
- Wash hands and arms (up to elbow) for 20 seconds before entering the gym and anytime you use the bathroom.
- Athletes must enter gym with training gear already on (training gear must be washed prior to each practice)
- Attendance will be taken to help with contact tracing should it be needed.
INSIDE THE GYM
- Maintain social distancing when possible
- Masks must be worn by Coaches/Staff at ALL TIMES
- Masks must be worn by athletes when possible. We realize wearing a mask during play is difficult – we ask that athletes wear them during downtime
- Hands-free contact hand sanitizer will be provided. Athletes and staff will sanitize hands every 30 minutes.
- Backpacks will have a designated location within the gym with appropriate spacing
- Volleyballs, carts and training equipment will be sanitized regularly (before/during/after practices and when warranted
- Balls that roll onto another court should be gently pushed to the back wall with a foot – no need to pick up the ball and send it back.